How to Save Fillable PDF Files
Know how some fillable PDF forms have at the top indicating you can’t save the file after you filled in the fields?
Say you want to fill in some of the fields, and get back to the form later. But many government PDF files won’t let you save the filled in texts; only the form itself.
A friend asked me for a solution yesterday, and I knew it was possible although it really came down to which program to use to manipulate the PDF file. Well, I’ve found a dead easy solution.
1. Download Cabaret Stage 4.0.7 here. I went with the version without JRE.
A form will come up in German. Just fill in the fields (they’re easy to guess) and click “Ich stemme zu” Update Nov. 3 2010 – I guess they took this part out! Not needed anymore
3. Once downloaded, install the exe file
4. Open Cabaret Stage
5. Open the PDF file you want to save
6. Fill out the fields
7. Go file > save as. Save it as another file.
8. Open up this new PDF file and be prepared to be amazed!